Ok…secrets out! Today is my birthday.. my 32nd errr 19th Birthday.. yup 19! In the spirit of getting a bit wiser, a little bit braver, and a little less self-conscious, here is my birthday confession!
- My name is spelled JANETTE, which is not the normal spelling of the name, typically it was spelled JEANETTE… my mom didn’t like the spelling in fear that I would get the nickname Jean and I thank my mom for being pro-active in protecting me from a lifetime of being called Jean!
- I am the least fashionable person I know, my look never changes, nor does my color scheme and mostly because I am not brave enough to step outside my comfort zone and try new things!
- One of my biggest shames is that I was a smoker for YEARS, I’m talking like over 10 years kind of smoker! I quit with Ava and then started again very shortly after she was born! I quit for good just after I found out I was pregnant with Zoe!
- Bruce proposed at Grouse Mountain on my 28th Birthday. I loathe being cold, like REALLY dislike it and we had gone for dinner at the restaurant up there and were about to head back to the tram to come back down the mountain when he stopped me midway to the tram, the wind was blowing like crazy and I kept getting snow in my face as we walked. He asked me to stop and I turned and responded like a 16-year-old rolling my eyes and annoyed cause he asked me to stop and I was COLD… again, I hate being COLD. He still proposed even though I was being a brat, I said YES.. my phone died and I never wanted a fully charged cell phone more than I did right then because I wanted to tell the world!
- My favorite Animal is a shark! In 2013, my employee’s at my then full-time job made me the BEST birthday cake EVER, which featured a shark made of rice crispies.
- I’m a picky eater, I do not like eggs, seafood (nothing from the water), the smell of cooked vegetables makes me want to vomit!
- The summer of being 16, I spent it in another province with my best friend at the time working at an auto-body shop prepping vehicles for paint jobs!
- I didn’t have much growing up but I also never went without, but while most kids got to go to Disneyland or family trips, we did not! I’ve never travelled any further then Las Vegas, soon to change though, we are headed to Cabo in May this year!
- I wrote 2 “books” before the age of 10 years old, really they were each about 5-7 pages long and not very good! I wrote poetry and prose daily from grade 9 through to grade 12, it was a huge passion for me! I still have a lot of it! I’d love to share some of it sometime!
- I am terrified of this journey like anxiety ridden scared of being a wife, being a mom, being a blogger. I doubt myself a lot and just as often as I doubt every move I make, I stand confident and know that while this journey is freakin tough, I am exactly where I am meant to be! It’s complicated, it’s scary and I cry a lot but always in private. No matter how put together I look, or honest I seem, or strong you might think I am, there is a very scared little girl hoping that you actually really like me!
Every year I feel like I become a bit more comfortable in my skin and with showing people who I am. My hope is that in my raw honesty, it might inspire you to become a bit more comfortable in your skin, a little bit more honest about your crazy and that you will know that you are NEVER alone!
Happy Birthday to Me!