I have been preparing for the last several weeks attempting to pack this hospital bag and it has been rather discouraging. I have already done this whole filling the hospital bag thing once before, but for some reason this time around, it feels so much complicated. Could it be simple procrastination has gotten the better of me? It’s been almost 6 years since I’ve brought home a new born and I feel like I should remember more. Here is what I have so far.. any suggestions on what else I need?
For Baby Girl:
- Coming home Outfit complete with hat and 2 pair of socks from Big sister Ava.
- Two hats, one lightweight and the other knitted so a bit thicker.
- 3 NB Onesies and a pair of NB grey fleece pants.
- 2 sleepers; One NB and one 0-3mos. just incase she is bigger than expected.
- 2 Muslin swaddle blankets and one cotton receiving blanket.
- Grey/Pink Fleecy Blanket for the trip home.
- Newborn Diapers.
Who brought their own bath time products? Do they provide you with some diapers while you’re there? Wipes? What is one thing that you wish you would have brought with you?
For Mom and Dad:
- Cliff Bars and a Vitamin water; still need one more drink.
- Breast pads, some samples of shampoo and some pads
- National Public Cord Blood Bank paperwork.
- Comfy/Sweat pants, change of underwear, socks etc
- Toiletry Bag; Toothbrush, brush, hair elastics etc
- Wallet with Change for vending machines, etc.
What do you think so far? Is there anything you’d leave out or recommend me taking? Obviously, I’m leaving out a few obvious things ie: Car seat, phone chargers, camera’s, and each other.
Here we are 5.5 years later, getting ready to welcome another beautiful little girl, and honestly I cannot imagine how it will feel to become a family of 4. I recently became an Auntie for a second time to one adorably cute little boy Grayson James and watching my S.I.L and brother welcoming the 4th member to their family has been amazing. I only wish that I could be there to snuggle these boys! My sister in law assures me that she cannot even remember what it felt like to be a family of 3. So we are excited and anxious to meet this little girl, I’m ready to bond with my two girls!
What was your favorite part about bringing home a sibling? Any recommendations on photos you wish you would have taken but forgot in the moment?
TICK TICK TICK……..