They say never grocery shop when you are hungry! I will go one step further and say if you are not comfortable experimenting in the kitchen, never go on Pinterest when you’re hungry or ill-stocked. This Creamy Italian Sausage Soup With Cheese Tortellini happened all because I ended up on Pinterest and got inspired by 3 recipes and then fell into the Pinterest rabbit hole and couldn’t remember where I found what!
There is something about Italian Sausage and tortellini that makes my heart skip a beat. Though not as helpful when I’m in high-protein training diet mode but in this instance, I added some spinach to help with adding protein! This Italian Sausage soup meal is perfect for cheat days or those busy weekday nights! Did I mention the kids like it?
Busy Day? Try This Easy Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup!
- 1 carton (32 ounce) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (9-ounce) refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes, optional
- chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground Italian Sausage
- 1/2 cup diced onion (about 1/2 medium-sized onion)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1-28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cups packed fresh spinach
I paired this easy Italian Sausage soup with some a Cheddar & Onion Baguette! You can toast them with a bit of garlic oil and top with parmesan for an extra treat!