Did You Skip Breakfast Again Today?
According to LiveStrong.com if you miss breakfast, it can cause you to lose energy, increase hunger, cause a drop in your metabolism and actually cause you to gain weight! Being too busy to eat doesn’t seem like such a good idea anymore now does it? No, this post isn’t sponsored, I just thought that was interesting info!
Love French Toast? There Are Far Too Many Disadvantages To A Miss Breakfast! Try this French Toast Roll-up Recipe!
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 8 slices soft white bread, crusts cut off
- 3 tablespoons butter, for saute pan
- maple syrup, for serving
- In a small bowl, melt 3 tablespoons butter. With a fork, stir in 3 tbsp granulated sugar, 2 tbsp brown sugar and 1 tbsp cinnamon until a smooth spreadable mixture form. Set off to the side
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Set off to the side.
- In a different small bowl, stir together 2 tbsp granulated sugar with 2 tsp cinnamon. Set off to the side.
Assembly & Cooking
- After trimming off crusts from each slice of bread, use a rolling pin to roll one slice out to about ⅛-inch thickness with a rolling pin. Spread each slice with a layer of the butter, sugar, cinnamon mixture and roll tightly. Repeat until all 8 roll-ups are formed.
- Put 3 tablespoons butter in a large non-stick frying pan and melt over medium heat. Dip one roll in the egg mixture at a time and then place in the frying pan. Allow roll-ups to fry for 1-2 minutes per side until golden brown and slightly crisp on the outside. Remove to a cutting board and sprinkle each roll-up generously with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup.
Need a lunch ideas? Try this Easy Quinoa Dish for Busy Moms
Pin It For Later