Like many other households, Santa delivered an Instant Pot Duo Plus this year for Christmas! I hadn’t really known much about it until my slow cooker literally fell apart. With no experience with a pressure cooker before, I will be the first to admit I was a bit intimidated. Life is now 50 shades of simple with my Instant Pot and 50 shades of flavour with this Southwest Chicken & Quinoa Dish!
After reading the manual from front to back, I felt like I truly knew how the Instant Pot would work! I never expected the results I’ve gotten! I’ve been working on a database of amazing Instant Pot Recipes that I was going to share all at once but they’re just too good and it feels a bit unfair to keep them to myself.
With the Sun Run training right around the corner, I knew that I was going to need some meals packed with protein! With the Instant Pot, my cook time is significantly reduced, my clean up is reduced to one pot and the meals are cooked to perfection within minutes!
Quinoa is one of my favourite side dishes as it is full of protein! I can add some broth and seasoning and instantly get a completely different recipe. I also have a deep love for Southwest Chicken, this recipe is quick, easy, delicious and full of flavour!
Ready For A Delicious Southwest Chicken Quinoa Instant Pot Recipe?
You will need:
- 8 ounces (1 cup) chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes with their juice
- 1 pepper (any color), diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- half a cup of frozen corn
- 1-2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped Green onions
Instant Pot Directions:
- In the bottom of your Instant Pot, combine chicken broth, quinoa, corn, tomatoes, pepper, onion and one tablespoon of taco seasoning. Place chicken fillets on top and sprinkle with remaining taco seasoning on top. Secure the lid of Instant Pot and turn the valve to seal closed
- Set Instant Pot for Pressure Cooker (or meat/stew) for 10 minutes.
- After the 10 minutes is complete, turn the valve to “vent” to release pressure. Chicken should be at 165 degrees Fahrenheit or above and completely white throughout! When pressure is released, remove the lid.
- Top with cheese and green onions. Serve up some good ole’ Southwest flavour!
Don’t have an Instant Pot? You can use my affiliate link on Amazon to shop the one I have HERE
Looking for more Instant Pot Recipes? Check out my Instant Pot Recipe Board on Pinterest!
Looking for a quick chicken recipe that doesn’t need an Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker? Try my Chicken Tortilla Soup
Pin it for Later
Love the Quinoa? Try our Delicious Spicy Ground Turkey Chili with Quinoa
Still loving the Quinoa? Maybe you want to try our Quick & Easy Lunch For Busy Moms?